Manager, Engineering I - Alerting Platform
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to help us scale the Alerting Platform organization, responsible for the core systems that define and schedule monitors, create alerts, and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the end to end alerting process across the platform.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to one of the most critical platforms at Datadog. Customers can configure monitors and generate alerts for virtually every product in our unified platform. It’s imperative that we maintain our customers’ trust by delivering these notifications reliably. In practice, this means the alerting platform has to be the most reliable platform.
This engineering manager will lead the team that owns the state machine which is a large distributed system based on a couple of services written in Go. As we grow we have to design systems that can degrade furthermore while still ensuring the best customer experience without breaking.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Help grow this team to 8 engineers, hire and help design the organizational structure to continue delivering and taking on more and more use cases.
- Lead architectural decisions for new and existing distributed, high-throughput, real-time systems
- Collaborate with our most senior engineers, product managers, and external stakeholders to plan, prioritize, and design the continued development of our platform.
- Drive the team to reach operational and reliability excellence in the face of hyper growth and continued platform development.
- Plan the most important projects to work on next while striking a delicate balance between investment in reliability/performance, continued development of the platform, and long-term R&D.
Who You Are:
- You have either formally managed or served as a tech lead for a team of software engineers working in a platform or infrastructure-like environment for 2+ years.
- You have led technical initiatives in an environment where performance, reliability, and accuracy are paramount and where “feature development” and roadmaps are measured in months and quarters, not days and weeks.
- You have a product oriented mindset and care deeply about the customer and the customer experience.
- You have significant back end programming experienced and have architected, built, and operated distributed systems to solve problems at high scale
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.