Software Engineer - Intern
We’re looking for interns to join us to help collect, aggregate, visualize, and analyze extremely high-scale metrics, logs, and application data. You'll join one of Datadog's software teams and work alongside other engineers to help solve complex problems. Whether you are writing a new integration, building data pipelines, or working with the open source community, our interns are key contributors to our product.
Students can sign up anytime for a free Datadog Pro account!
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Solve a scaling bottleneck in a critical service
- Deploy a new feature to production and progressively roll it out with feature flags
- Investigate and fix a production issue from a service your team owns
- Create a way to optimize a service to handle more traffic at scale
- Learn new skills and technologies and receive mentorship from some of the best engineers in the industry
Who You Are:
- You will graduate in 2024 with a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related subject
- You have strong computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, software design, to name a few)
- You are comfortable coding in one or more programming languages
- You value code simplicity and performance
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment that values its employees and customers
- You are a self-starter who enjoys partnering with other engineers and solving difficult problems
- You are available to complete a 6-month internship starting in January, February, March, April, May, or June 2024 (we are unable to accommodate internships starting at any other time)
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Mentorship opportunities with team members, leadership, and beyond
- Continuous professional development and product training opportunities
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- In-person intern cohort and monthly company social events
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Relocation support and travel benefits
- Unlimited snacks and drinks in our office; catered lunches on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Beautiful offices in convenient locations
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.