Engineering Manager I, Core Security Response
Denver, Colorado, USA
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
Datadog is building a world class security team to keep our employees and end users safe from real world threats.
As a Security Engineer on the Active Defense team you will build software for detecting and responding to threats in Datadog's infrastructure. You will operate as a threat detection and response subject matter expert and incident responder. By using existing platforms, building new tools and practicing your honed craft you will help secure Datadog as we seek to better serve the customers who rely on us every day.
- Analyze known attacker methodology and, in concert with our security development teams, develop solutions to detect and defend against them.
- Create new detection capabilities using available software and in-house development.
- Develop systems that detect malicious signals in an infrastructure that processes trillions of datapoints per day.
- Develop and deploy systems that support incident response and forensics in public cloud environments.
- Participate in security event and incident response efforts.
- Work with other teams to defend and detect advanced attacks.
- You are an experienced subject matter expert in areas related to incident response and threat detection.
- You have a track record leveraging your skill set in public cloud environments.
- You value correctness and efficiency; you leave no stone unturned when diagnosing security issues.
- You handle infrastructure with code because automation lets you focus on the more difficult and rewarding problems.
- You have production experience with Amazon Web Services, GCP, Azure or Kubernetes.
- You want to work in a fast, high growth environment.
- You are fully fluent in Go or python.
- You have experience working in a distributed BeyondCorp-style zero-trust network.
- You have a documented history of relevant security research or development.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000 - $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.