Engineering Manager I - Frontend Developer Experience
New York, New York, USA
Our Frontend Developer Experience team owns the end-to-end workflows and tooling that is used by our 300+ growing team of engineers to build out and improve products and capabilities in our expanding platform used by customers around the world. They own the processes and tooling from checking out code, building and testing locally to the code review process, CI / CD and the deployment infrastructure to ensure we can iterate quickly and safely. As an Engineering Manager on the Frontend Developer Experience team, you will work closely with our platform teams and stakeholders to create the best in class infrastructure for supporting our build, testing and deployments needs. You will also play a key role in getting feedback from our engineering community and understanding our developer sentiment to shape our priorities and roadmap for the team while always keeping effectiveness and sustainability in mind.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Own and drive developer feedback to shape team’s roadmap and mid/long term strategies
- Run a lightweight agile process to pace and track what we work on and deliver high quality work
- Run OKR process to define and align team’s quarterly goals with the needs of the business and community
- Lead technical and architectural discussions to better understand challenges and problems faced by our team and the engineering community
Who You Are:
- Experience building frontend applications for some years and know the systems and tooling you’ve worked on from top to bottom
- A proven ability to architect, build, and operate CI / CD infrastructure and to solve problems at high scale
- Passionate to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment providing leadership and direction for the frontend community
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a Computer Science, Engineering or related scientific field or equivalent professional experience
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We know not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That’s okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your experience, we encourage you to apply.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000.00 - $240,000.00 plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Benefits & Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.