Senior Product Manager, Observability Pipelines
New York, New York, USA
Telemetry volumes continue to grow year-over-year, yet not all telemetry is equally valuable. Datadog Observability Pipelines enables customers to cost-effectively collect, transform, and route telemetry workloads (logs, traces, metrics) from any source to any destination at petabyte per day scale.
As the Senior Product Manager, Observability Pipelines you will own the roadmap and execution for the Observability Pipelines business at Datadog making it the most flexible, easy-to-use, and performant telemetry pipeline in the industry.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the Observability Pipelines product end-to-end including defining its vision, building roadmap, writing product briefs, launching new features, and enabling the field and customers
- Lead a small team of PMs and Product Solutions Architects to enable customers and develop tooling and runbooks to make an on-premise product feel like a SaaS solution
- Own the Observability Pipelines business and share insights, trends, and recommendations via a business report
- Build a collaborative control plane that enables customers to build, manage, and monitor complex telemetry pipelines at scale across many teams at large organizations
- Work with multiple product teams within the Datadog as well as across integrations and partnerships to enable and empower them to integrate with Observability Pipelines
- Work backwards from customers on recommendations for new features and enhancements to the Observability Pipelines product
Who You Are:
- Ideal: Experience with delivering or running software on kubernetes.
- Ideal: Masters degree in CS or hands on experience with software development and delivery at scale
- Ideal: Experience building and selling licensed, on-premise software
- You have a minimum of 5 years of Product Management experience or equivalent technical experience, ideally at a SaaS company
- You have a strong technical background and/or sense of the day in the life of an engineer shipping, maintaining, or securing a distributed cloud application
- You have Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the willingness to present and defend your ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You are customer-obsessed with a high quality standard for the product to be delivered
- You have a strong bias for action
- You are based in New York or Boston, or are willing to relocate before starting the job
- Bonus: Prior technical experience with OpenTelemetry or on-premise software
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We know not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That’s okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your experience, we encourage you to apply.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $187,000 - $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Here are our Candidate Legal Notices for your reference.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.