Manager, HR Compliance
Datadog is strengthening the EMEA HR compliance team by seeking a Compliance for the EMEA region (based in France). You will join the People team and serve as a subject-matter expert on EMEA Labor law and HR compliance matters. You will build and measure compliance controls, and execute on various policy and process initiatives. This position reports to the Director, People Operations EMEA, and will partner closely with HR Business Partners, Datadog Employment Counsel, and EMEA COE functions.
Datadog EMEA currently has 8 Datadog entities, and 10 countries through PEO/Umbrella company set up with plans to move many of these roles to full entities over the next several years. You will work closely with process owners, such as People Business Partners, Legal, Audit, and HRIS to help in the compliance review of contracts, local requirements like policies, time and leave, and other requirements.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds, and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You'll Do:
- Manage the EMEA HR Compliance team, approach, projects, and strategy
- Design protocols for HR-related audits, including ongoing compliance reviews across EMEA with the largest countries being France, Ireland, the Netherlands, Germany, and Spain
- Prepare Works Council meeting materials and agenda in the relevant countries as well as attend the meetings
- Autonomously lead employment compliance audits/reviews to identify risks to the company and instances of non-compliance with country laws and regulations, and related priorities, in conjunction with our Datadog employment counsel and external counsel
- Partner with People teams on initiatives, potentially, those related to country-specific time tracking, HR data privacy and records management
- Support the creation of global policies/programs in accordance with applicable law and regulations
- Highlight and propose policy and process changes to meet local needs working with our People team leadership and internal counsel.
Who You Are:
- At least 10 years of experience of broad HR experience in fast-paced environments
- At least 3+ years managing individual contributors
- Experience leading compliance teams and projects across EMEA
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally to successfully implement and maintain HR programs
- Detail oriented and organized with sound decision-making ability
- Track record of successfully juggling multiple projects and priorities
- Able to navigate ambiguity and shift direction when priorities change
- Fluent in English and French, another language is a plus
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.