Senior Product Manager - Cost Optimization
New York, New York, USA
As the Product Manager, Cloud Cost Optimization, you’ll own the vision, roadmap, and execution for our Cloud Cost Management Optimization product. You’ll work closely with a diverse set of customers to understand how they optimize their cloud environments, and identify ways to help them use the cloud more efficiently. You’ll also work with product teams across Datadog and the major clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP) to surface meaningful cost optimization opportunities, and you’ll partner with engineers, designers, and go-to market teams to drive adoption across thousands of customers.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Gather insights from customers, partner teams at the major clouds, analysts, and internal data and become an expert on how to optimize cloud costs
- Define the vision, strategy, and product roadmap for the Cloud Cost Optimization product
- Build relationships with other Datadog product teams and identify opportunities to leverage Datadog’s monitoring and security data within the Cost Optimization product, as well as how to surface optimization opportunities across the Datadog product suite
- Partner with Marketing and GTM teams (within both Datadog and partners) to generate awareness and drive adoption of Datadog’s Cost Optimization product
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of experience in B2B SaaS Product Management (ideally working on a developer-focused product)
- You possess a deep understanding (and interest) in software development and emerging technologies
- You have hands on experience using multiple services from one or more of the major cloud providers (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- You have sharp communication skills and the willingness to present your ideas to technical stakeholders and executives alike
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We know not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That’s okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your experience, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits & Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global Spring Health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $200,000 - $240,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.