Strategic Partner Sales Manager
New York, New York, USA
Our Channels & Alliances Team’s charter is building and activating a strategic, differentiated and high-impact partner ecosystem for our best-of-breed multi-cloud monitoring product, one strategic partner at a time. We are looking for an experienced Strategic Partner Sales Manager to accelerate growth in our already established top tier partnerships in North America. This set of partners represent various GTM value propositions and include Cloud SIs, VARs and Public Cloud Services Providers. Our ultimate goal is building channels and alliances that drive new customer adoption and revenue. This is a great opportunity for you to join a high-growth cloud software company and help blaze the path for our company's expansion.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds, and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive net new and expansion revenue through our top established and strategic partners
- Enable and activate existing partners through training, planning and joint selling activities
- Coordinate the technical and marketing aspects of integrated partnership launches
- Host regular business reviews with partners to drive accountability and report on success metrics
- Work hand-in-hand with Datadog’s regional enterprise and commercial sales organizations
- Generate partner-sourced net-new sales pipeline and revenue
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of partner-facing, quota-carrying experience in business development, strategic alliances, or channel sales at a cloud services or software as a service organization
- Proven experience in driving sales opportunities from lead generation to closure, effectively negotiating agreements and building long-lasting partnerships
- Understanding of, and exposure to working with, the leading cloud hyperscalers
- Ability to quickly understand technical concepts and architectural scenarios, and explain them to others verbally and in writing
- Willingness to travel 20% of the time
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a passion for taking initiatives from ideation to impact
- Passion for fast-paced, sometimes unpredictable growth culture and environment
- Experience in identifying market opportunities with a track record of initiating go-to-market plans and sales follow-through
- Background in SaaS and / or consumption based software platforms
- Experience with systems management or monitoring
- Experience with partnerships supporting Containers and/or DevOps, particularly in a cloud environment
- Technical background/education
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Continuous Sales training and career growth
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $120,000 - $167,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.