Senior Manager, GTM FP&A
New York, New York, USA
Datadog's Finance team collaborates with teams across the organization, providing commercial, operational and analytical support to ensure that Datadog's business continues to scale rapidly and efficiently. This is an opportunity to be the finance business partner to our go-to-market (GTM) departments, including sales, customer success, and marketing. You would be responsible for the budgeting and forecasting for these departments. You will partner closely with our strategy team to understand past sales performance, and influence the company’s go-forward strategy. You will report to the VP of FP&A, and be a key leader to connect the business, strategy, and finance cohesively together.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Be the finance business partner to go-to-market (GTM) teams (Sales, CS, Marketing)
- Lead annual planning for headcount, T&E, discretionary spending for GTM
- Meet regularly with the departments to understand budget vs. actual tracking and calibration
- Analyze sales attainment / productivity granularly and in aggregate for Enterprise / Commercial / Alliances, and by region
- Partner with the Strategy team to ensure alignment of metrics and reporting
- Be a strategic contributor (in partnership with Strategy) for decisions around sales territory management, commissions planning (and resulting expenses), account segmentation, pricing/packaging decisions, and other strategic decisions
- Forecast commercial performance (bookings / ARR), and connect it to the boarder FP&A forecast
- Track and manage sales efficiency metrics, including CAC, CAC payback, contribution margins, and ratios of net new ARR to expenses (S&M and total)
- Work as a part of the broader FP&A team to understand the company’s financials, analytics, and help the organization to scale thoughtfully
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of professional experience in FP&A and investment banking, equity research, consulting, or other relevant field
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business, or economics
- Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint with proven experience in building financial models and managing complex data
- You are a clear, concise communicator that works well with others
- MBA or CFA is a plus but not required;
- Solid understanding of Workday Adaptive Planning is a plus, but not required
- Experience in or understanding of a consumption-based software business model
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Generous and competitive benefits package
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $158,000.00 - $190,000.00, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.