Senior Software Engineer - High Performance Transaction Systems
Paris, France; Madrid, Spain; Lisbon, Portugal; Nantes, France; Bordeaux, France; Sophia Antipolis, France; Lyon, France; Grenoble, France
We're on a mission to build the best platform for our engineers to deliver stateful services at high scale. We provide High Performance Transaction Systems to all the Datadog developers, we empower them with solutions which focus on simplicity, reliability, durability, and availability.
We operate services and databases in a scalable and cost-efficient way, evolving in a high-volume, low-latency environment that is continuing to double in size.
We value pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, build and maintain the infrastructure we need to support orders of magnitude more customers, while minimizing issues and controlling cost
- Investigate and fix issues or bottlenecks, whether it’s deep in the platform code or in the client application
- Support the services and datastores that we own, 24x7
- Build tooling and automation to run our infrastructure with minimal human intervention
- Work with developers to design data models and advise on datastores options
Who You Are:
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a Computer Science, Engineering or related scientific field or at least 5 years of professional experience
- You have production experience with distributed systems, e.g. Zookeeper, Cassandra, Postgres, FoundationDB, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Redis, MongoDB
- You are mastering at least one programming or scripting language, e.g. Go, Java, Rust, C/ C++
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You can design simple and performant architecture to solve problems at high scale
- Bonus Point: You have hands-on engineering experience with at least one of the major cloud providers – AWS, Azure, GCP
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.